Last Updated: October 5, 2022
Acceptance Of These Terms
By using the Site, you agree to accept the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to this Policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Collection Of Personal Information
We may collect and otherwise process personal information from you in various ways:
- when you voluntarily provide us with information;
- when you communicate with us concerning our Products or Services,
- when you place an order with us or subscribe to our Products or Services,
- through automated means when you use our Site including through use of “cookies,” web beacons, pixels and other similar technologies that track your online activity, including your use of our Site; and
- through information provided by third party vendors who analyze your usage of our website, such as Google Analytics.
Personal Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our Site, subscribe to our Products and Services, call us on the phone or chat with us, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails or newsletters, participate in a promotion or virtual skincare consultation, take a quiz or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, product preferences, demographic information and any other information that identifies you that you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you ship Products to someone other than yourself. We will use personal information you provide to us to fulfill your requests, provide you with information and for our other business purposes.
We also collect financial information, such as credit card or debit card numbers. All debit or credit card transactions are processed by our third-party payment vendors. We do not collect, store or maintain any credit card or debit card information on or through our Site after the transaction is processed and verified. Instead, it is transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors using their platforms. Your credit or debit card information will be stored with our third party payment vendors if you elect our subscription services so that we may periodically charge your card according to the subscription period you elected. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors.
Information We Collect Automatically.
In addition to personal information you choose to provide us, we and our third-party service providers and advertisers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect certain usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Site. This information may include information we automatically collect as you browse the Site, including browser type/identifier, your IP address, device type or client/user identifier, device advertising IDs, operating system, language settings, web pages and sections visited, amount of time spent on pages, website session replays, keywords and searches used, referring and exit pages and geolocation.
When you communicate with us by email, we may use email tracking tools to ensure you received our email, or to determine whether you have opened it or clicked on any links or attachments.
Cookies we use may be either persistent or temporary (or session) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Tracking Technologies, such as Pixels, Beacons: We and our third party partners may use pixels or beacons on the Site to count how many users visit certain pages or content, for analytics and metrics about your visits to the Site, and to serve you advertising.
Third Party Technology: We may use this automated collection of personal information to improve our marketing programs and content, and to target advertisements to you. We do not control and are not responsible for third party tracking technologies that may be used on our Site. Such third parties may serve you content based on tracking you across different websites. You consent to encountering third party tracking technologies when you use our Site.
- Google Ads Advertising
- Facebook Advertising
- Klaviyo Email Marketing
- Attentive SMS Marketing
- TikTok Advertising
- YouTube Advertising
- Snapchat Advertising
- Bing Advertising
Session-Replay Technologies. We use third party services provided by Hotjar that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Site in a manner that allows us to watch video replays of your interactions with the Site. The replays include users’ clicks, mouse movements, scrolls, and keystrokes/key touches during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. We have configured the software so that it does not collect certain sensitive data, such as credit or debit card numbers. You consent to encountering session replay technologies when you use our Site.
Use Of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to: (i) facilitate and improve your online shopping experience; (ii) provide the Products and Services you request; (iii) process transactions and send you related information and communications, including confirmations and receipts; (iv) respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; (v) communicate with you about Products, Services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; (vi) manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages; (vii) personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests; (ix) monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities; (x) process and deliver promotions and rewards; (xi) link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and (xi) carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share information about you as follows: (i) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to perform services on our behalf, including but not limited to, web hosting platforms, Information Technology and software providers, e-commerce platforms, customer service providers, calendaring services, and shippers or direct mail organizations; (ii) with our business partners and other third parties, such as advertisers; (iii) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation or to defend against legal claims; (iv) if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party; (v) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; or (vi) with your consent or at your direction. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. We require our service providers, who provide services on our behalf (such as our e-commerce platform) to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information.
We may share your personal information with third party advertisers for marketing purposes. We may share your email address with third parties who provide marketing services on our behalf to compile lookalike audiences for targeted advertising. The use of your email for this purpose will not result in your being sent advertisements by the third party.
How Long Do We Store Your Personal Information.
We do not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the business purpose for which the information is being collected or processed or in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Personal information may be transferred and stored to servers and systems in the United States.
Your Information Choices and Control
Shani Darden respects your requests to access and control your personal information, so we give you certain choices that you may exercise, including:
- You may correct, update, and delete your account.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our Products and Services, or Products and Services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
- Please note that we may deny your requests, including to change or delete information under certain circumstances. For example, we may be required by certain obligations to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database and systems, but may remain in our archives or backup systems. We may also retain your information because of legal or contractual requirements or similar purposes.
You can make requests concerning your personal information and choose to opt in or out of services and communications by visiting your account preferences, contacting our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us at (866) 316-5169 or following the instructions directly provided in the communications we send you. You can opt out from receiving future marketing communications from as at any time by: (i) using the unsubscribe function in the email or marketing information you receive from us; or (ii) contacting us as email@example.com.
Links To 3rd Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. This Policy does not apply to the practices of other websites and Shani Darden is not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of third parties. We encourage you to be aware of when you leave the Site and to read the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure data in our possession. Regardless of the precautions we take, no transmission of data over the internet or stored by us or our vendors is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to take reasonable protections to safeguard personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Site Users Outside the United States
By visiting the Site and providing us with data as non-U.S. user, you acknowledge and agree that your personal data may be processed for the purposes identified in this Policy. We are based in the United States. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Shani Darden is committed to processing personal data only when there is a lawful basis under applicable law including:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes (e.g., when you sign up to receive our marketing materials);
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g., when you provide payment card and shipping information for your order);
- processing is necessary for a legal obligation to which Shani Darden is subject; and
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Shani Darden or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of you or another individual which require protection of personal data.
If you reside in the European Union, or other countries, you may have the following data protection rights:
- Access: right to access your personal data and request certain information concerning your personal data, such as an explanation of the purpose of the processing and disclosure of third parties with whom Shani Darden shares the data;
- Rectification: right to rectify inaccuracies in your personal data or to ensure that it remains up to date. Shani Darden is committed to ensuring that your information is accurate and kept up to date. Please inform us of any changes to your personal data;
- Erasure: right to erasure of your personal data under certain circumstances. For example, you may request erasure if the data is no longer needed in connection with the reasons it was collected or processed or if you withdraw your consent to further processing. Shani Darden may deny your request where it is required or permitted by law to retain your personal data or when we need to retain your information in connection with the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Restriction: right to restrict processing where you contest the accuracy of the data in order to permit time to rectify the inaccuracies and in other circumstances;
- Data Portability: right to data portability by requesting a copy be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that Shani Darden transmit your personal data to a third party where technically feasible;
- Objection: right to object to processing of your personal data where you contest that the processing is necessary for the purposes of Shani Darden’s or its business partners’ legitimate interests. Shani Darden may deny your request because it has compelling legitimate business interests or the exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Complaint: right to bring a complaint before the applicable governmental privacy regulator.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. We do not sell Products or Services for purchase by children and all children’s products we sell are for purchase by adults only. If you are under 16 years old, please do not provide your information on the Site. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 16 and has submitted any information to Shani Darden for any purpose, we will delete his or her information from our files. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track (DNT): Some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser. The Site, however, does not presently respond to DNT signals.
If you are not comfortable shopping online (and would prefer to make your purchase via telephone), just give us a call at (866) 316-5169. Our Customer Service Team will be happy to assist you.
Last Updated:October 2nd, 2022
This CCPA Privacy Notice describes the types and categories of personal information we collect, the business purposes for which we collect, use, store and share your personal information, with whom we share it, and your rights in personal information under the CCPA.
For purposes of this CCPA Privacy Notice, we refer to personal information according to the following definition given in the CCPA: “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information, or information or rights that are outside the scope of the CCPA.
By accessing our website or social media pages, submitting personal information to us, or purchasing our products or using our online services, you consent to the collection, use, sharing and disclosure of such information as set forth in this CCPA Privacy Notice, as it may be updated from time to time.
What categories of personal information do we collect about you?
- We may collect personal information from you in various ways including:
- when you provide us with information (e.g., through your communications with us by email or social media pages, or by answering our quiz);
- when you communicate with us concerning our Products and Services;
- when you purchase one of our Products or subscribe to our Services; and
- through automated means when you use our Site including by use of “cookies” and other similar tracking technologies.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers: this information may include your name and contact details (including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, IP address, browser or device identifier, and other identifying information you provide to us). For example, we may collect your name and email address when you join our mailing list to receive information on our Products or to receive discounts.
- Customer Information under California Civil Code §1798.80(e): this information comprises any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household in our records. Examples include your orders and payment related information that we use to charge for our Products and Services, including debit or credit card numbers. All debit or credit card transactions are processed by our third-party debit or credit card processing payment vendors. We do not collect, store or maintain any credit card or debit card information on or through our website after the transaction is processed and verified. Instead, it is transiently collected, shared with and processed through these third-party payment vendors using their platforms. Your credit or debit card information will be stored with our third party payment vendors if you elect our subscription services so that we may periodically charge your card according to the subscription period you elected. We do not share your credit or debit card information with any vendors, other than our third-party payment vendors. Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: This includes demographic information, such as age, race, gender or ethnicity, or information about your skincare and overall health, that you may voluntarily provide to us.
- Commercial Information: this category includes information concerning the Products or Services you purchased and your purchasing history and tendencies.
- Geolocation data: we may determine your approximate geographic location through your IP address in order to assess the marketing our products.
- Inferences drawn from information you provide to create a personal profile concerning your consumer preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes. We may accumulate the information you provide to develop a consumer profile concerning your behavior and interests, including for our marketing and advertising purposes, and to improve our Products and Services.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have collected the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data and Personal Profile.
Our Business Reasons For Collecting And Using Your Personal Information
Depending on the individual circumstances, we collect and use personal information for the legitimate business purposes of Shani Darden. These purposes include to provide you with Products and Services, to fulfill the purpose for which you provided us with your personal information, to communicate with you, to perform on a contract between you and the Company, to market our Products to you, to process payment and shipping and for account management, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of our Site, to protect the security of our Site, to protect against fraud, and to comply with applicable law, rules or regulations.
Who we share your personal information with
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
In some instances we may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, Information Technology and software providers, shipping or direct mail organizations, marketing and advertising providers, and e-commerce and web hosting platforms. Such third parties may be provided with access to your personal information to perform the functions for which they have been retained. We require our service providers, who provide services on our behalf (such as our e-commerce platform) to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information.
We may disclose any information, including personal information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to protect ourselves from fraudulent or illegal activity, and to defend against legal claims.
In the past twelve (12) months, depending on the individual circumstances, we have shared the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Customer Information under section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Internet History, Geolocation Data and Personal Profile with the following categories of third parties: service providers and third party businesses.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the following rights in personal information held by us:
- You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and share. You may request (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a portable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity.
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information under certain circumstances. For example, we may not be required to delete personal information if we need to retain the information to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, perform on a contract with us, or to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, may delay deletion with respect to data stored on an archived or backup system, until the archived or backup system relating to that data is restored to an active system or next accessed or used for a sale, disclosure, or commercial purpose.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of these rights. We will not discriminate against you or refuse to provide you Products or Services because you have exercised your rights.
You may submit verifiable requests concerning any of your rights by contacting us by e-mail to email@example.com, by mail at the address below or by telephoning us at (866) 316-5169. We will use reasonable methods for verifying that the person making a request to know, data portability or a request to delete is the individual about whom we have collected personal information. This may involve, depending on the nature of the request, confirming that the email address provided corresponds with our records concerning the individual. Additional reasonable measures may also be required to verify the identity of the person making the request depending on the circumstances. For requests to delete made electronically, you will be required to submit the request to delete, and then separately confirm that you want your personal information deleted. To the extent that you wish to use an authorized agent to make requests concerning the rights set forth above, you will need to provide us either with a power of attorney or, alternatively, with signed authorization to communicate with your authorized agent, and directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the request.
We will (i) confirm receipt of requests to know, data portability or to delete within 10 business days of the request; and (ii) generally respond to requests to know, data portability or to delete within 45 calendar days of the request. If we need additional time to respond to your request beyond the 45 calendar days, we will provide you with notice explaining the reasons we need more time, and we will then take up to an additional 45 calendar days to respond to your request.
Reasonable Safeguards To Protect Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security of your personal information in compliance with all applicable laws and our policy. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access By Persons With Disabilities
Persons with disabilities who need assistance accessing this CCPA Privacy Notice may contact us as provided for above, and depending on your individual needs, the Company will grant reasonable requests to furnish this policy in an alternative format.
Our Site is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to us through the Site. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not access, use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us. We do not sell any personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Notice of Financial Incentive to California Consumers
We may, at times, offer you various financial incentives such as loyalty programs, discounts and special offers when you provide us with contact information and identifiers such as your name and email address. When you sign-up for our loyalty program, email list or other discounts and special offers, you opt-in to a financial incentive. You may withdraw from a financial incentive at any time by opting out from our email or closing your loyalty member account. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information, however, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives. In such context, the value of the personal information is related to the estimated cost of providing the associated financial incentive(s) for which the information was collected.
California Shine the Light Law/Online Privacy Protection Act
California Civil Code §1798.83 provides that California residents may request certain information concerning the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Business Code §§22575-22579, you may review and request changes to any of your personal information that we have collected. Should you wish to request this information or exercise these rights, please reach us at the contact information provided below.
We do not presently respond to Do Not Track requests. We do not control and are not responsible for third party tracking technologies that may be used on our Site. Such third parties may serve you content based on tracking you across different websites. You consent to potentially encountering third party tracking technologies when you use our Site.
Revisions to This CCPA Privacy Notice
We may update this CCPA Privacy Notice at any time, by posting the amended version on this Site including the effective date of the updated version. By accessing the Site or purchasing products after we make any such changes to this CCPA Privacy Notice, you are deemed to have accepted such changes. Please check this CCPA Privacy Notice regularly, and before you submit additional personal information via the Site.
Mail: Shani Darden Skincare, Inc., 1439 W. Chapman Ave. #18, Orange, CA 92868 USA
Telephone: (866) 316-5169